Policies & Forms
AIS Policy 2016 - 2017
At the July 2016 meeting of the Board of Regents, the Board voted to amend Commissioner’s Regulations § 100.2 regarding the methodology by which school districts identify students in grades 3-8 to receive Academic Intervention Services (AIS).
Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
The Moravia Central School District is committed to ensuring student privacy in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and district policies. To this end and pursuant to U.S. Department of Education (DOE) regulations (Education Law §2-d), the district is providing the following Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security:
- A student’s personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial or marketing purposes.
- Parents/guardians have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record, including any student data maintained by the Moravia Central School District.
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by the state is available for public review in an Excel file at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/
documentation/NYSEDstudentData.xlsx. Parents/ guardians may also obtain a copy of this list by writing to the Office of Information & Reporting Services, New York State Education Department, Room 863 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234.
- Parents/guardians have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed to Superintendent of Schools John Birmingham at (315) 497-2670.
Additional information is available on the New York State Education Department website: NYSED Parents' Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security.
Each school district is required to have a board-approved technology plan on file in the district. The plan has provisions for the district technology vision, purchasing plans and priorities as well as instructional goals as they relate to technology integration. You can refer to our plan by clicking the link below.
The Moravia Central School District is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children's health, well-being, and the ability to learn by fostering healthy eating and physical activity.
Elementary Acceptable Use Policy
Hall of Achievement Nomination Form
Middle School/High School Acceptable Use Policy
Moravia CSD Email Guidelines
UPK Program APPLICATION
ACE Application Form
Building Use Request for Outside Groups
Elementary School New Student Registration Form
Elementary School New Student Registration Health Information Form
Elementary School Student Transportation Form
Internet Safety Policy
Pesticide Notification Form
Photograph Release Form
School Use Policy
Teaching is The Core Plan
SchoolTool Parent Reference Guide