Welcome to the Technology Mentors page! We are so glad that you have chosen to increase your professional development in technology!
The Technology Mentor progam was established in the fall of 2016 to create a group of technology focused educators to explore technology and support technology professional development within the district. The group has representatives from all buildings. These individuals have volunteered their time to become proficient with our current software and learn best educational practices with technology.
These mentors are here to support your needs. Working with the Technology Intergration Specialist, they are offering monthly afterschool or before school (we are flexible) seminars on different applications. They are also available to help brainstorm and troubleshoot issues with software practice.
Middle School Representatives
High School Representatives
Technology Integration - John Owen
We are all about collaboration! The goal of this program is provide support for all educators within our district in technology practice.
This does not include:
- Modeling current effective practice with technology in the classroom
- Research and explore new technology and share this information with colleagues
- Aid, support and advise in the creation of new educational curriculum using technology
- Share resources, ideas and solutions
- Support positive student engagement and develop enhanced curriculum based learning experiences
- Promote standard-based media literacy
These teachers are teaching a full load like everyone else, please contact them through their email or reach out to John. They are excited to work with you on projects, but please be respectful of their daily workload.
- A substitute for the Information Technology Department
- An expert on all things technical
- A "do it for me" person
- A full-time technology teacher
How Can We Help You?
We provide the following types of support:
- 1 to 1 instructional collaboration
- small group discussion on technology integration
- school and district-wide workshops
- faculty meeting presentations