Thank your coach on Wednesday, May 16
May 10, 2018 -- The New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) plans to celebrate its first-ever Coaches Appreciation Day on Wednesday, May 16. Student-athletes are encouraged to make a point that day to thank school-approved coaches who have had an impact in their lives or high school athletic careers.
Here are some ideas from NYSPHSAA about how to participate in in the 2018 NYSPHSAA Coaches Appreciation Day:
NYSPHSAA has also established the hashtag #NYSPHSAACoachesDay for all social media posts for anyone who wants to share their favorite memories and stories throughout the day.
- Like and follow NYSPHSAA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Tag your photos, videos and messages with #NYSPHSAACoachesDay.
- Instagram your favorite picture of your coach with your team on the medal stand after a big win.
- Tweet the best advice you have ever received from a coach.
- Post on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter a photo or video of the team surprising the coach with something he or she likes (coffee, candy, etc.)
- Relive a moment where you witnessed your coach go above and beyond
- Design your own image for NYSPHSAA Coach Appreciation Day and post it somewhere online.
- Hug your coach (if you see them in-person)
- Send a thank-you email or text to a coach of your current or former team