Budget Vote Date and UpdatesGovernor Andrew Cuomo has issued Executive Order No. 202.26 which modifies the rules under which school districts are to conduct the 2020 election of school board members and budget votes.
School board elections and budget votes will now take place June 9, 2020. Qualified voters will vote ONLY by absentee ballot. School districts will be sending out absentee ballots with a postage paid return envelope to qualified voters.
DEADLINE FOR CANDIDATES TO FILE NOMINATIONS FOR SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER:
There will be two (three year) school board seats vacant on July 1, 2020. Candidates for school board member must self-nominate. No signatures are required for the nomination. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent. (Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a board of education if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole.)
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
If interested in running for school board, please contact the District Clerk Anita Burhans at 315-497-2670, 2003
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT SELF NOMINATION: May 11, 2020 - 5 p.m.