The Moravia School Board of Education is comprised of seven members, each serving a three year term.
School board member petitions are available in the district clerk’s office
of the Moravia Central School District.
There will be three vacant seats for three year terms.
Petitions are to be returned by April 22.
To qualify for membership on the school board an individual:
· Must be able to read and write.
· Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
· Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
· May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
· May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
· May not be a current employee of the school board.
· May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Members of the Board of Education are:
Mrs. Cathy Benson., President
Mrs. Michelle Lyon, Vice President
Ms. Kärin Dillon
Mr. Steve Fland
Ms. Leigh Hess
Mrs. Valerie Kelly
Mr. Steve Lefave
Mrs. Anita Burhans, Clerk
Board meetings are generally held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 7:00 pm. The public is welcome to attend.
September Meeting: 9/12 & 9/26
October Meetings: 10/10 & 10/24
November Meeting: 11/14 & 11/28
December Meeting: 12/12
January Meetings: 1/9 & 1/23
February Meeting: 2/13
March Meetings: 3/13 & 3/27
April Meetings: 4/10 & 4/24
May Meetings: 5/7 (Tuesday) & 5/22
Annual School Budget Vote: Tuesday, 5/21/13
June Meeting: 6/12
**The Moravia School District cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by external linked sites.
Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by the Moravia School District, or any of its administration, faculty and staff.