The Moravia School Board of Education is comprised of seven members, each serving a three year term.
Members of the Board of Education are:
Mrs. Cathy Benson., President
Mrs. Michelle Lyon, Vice President
Ms. Kärin Dillon
Mr. Steve Fland
Mr. Shawn Becker
Ms. Leigh Hess
Mrs. Jennifer Bilinski
Mrs. Anita Burhans, Clerk
Board meetings are generally held on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 7:00 pm.
The public is welcome to attend.
September 10 & 24
October 8 & 22
January 14 & 28
March 11 & 25
April 15 & 22
May 5 (Tuesday)
BUDGET VOTE: Tuesday, May 19
Petitions are now available for nominations to the Moravia Central School Board of Education. Signatures of twenty five qualified voters are required on the nominating petition. Petitions are to be returned to the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 20th. The election will take place on May 19th.
Petitions can be picked up at the District Office, 68 S. Main Street
Anita Burhans, District Clerk
To qualify for membership on the school board an individual:
· Must be able to read and write.
· Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
· Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
· May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
· May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
· May not be a current employee of the school board.
· May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
**The Moravia School District cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by external linked sites.
Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by the Moravia School District, or any of its administration, faculty and staff.