Annual Meeting, Budget Vote & Board Member Election
2023 Dates to Remember
April 17 Board Member Petition must be filed with the District Clerk by 5pm
April 25 Budget Statements Available
May 9 Budget Hearing
May 16 Annual Meeting & Budget Vote
Annual Meeting & Budget Vote
The school district annual meeting, budget vote and school board member election will take place Tuesday, May 16, 2023 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. in the middle/senior high school north side foyer.
To be eligible to vote, you must be a citizen of the United States who is 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the Moravia Central School District for at least 30 days prior to the vote. No prior registration is required. Voter qualifications are mandated in accordance with New York Education Law. Voting Inspectors reserve the right to check the driver's license of any voter to verify residency.
If you are unable to appear in person on May 16, you may vote by absentee ballot. To receive an absentee ballot application, please contact the District Clerk.
To qualify for membership on the school board, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Petitions to run for school board are available and may be picked up in the District Office. Signatures of 25 qualified voters are required for the petition, which must be filed with the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on April 17, 2023. These two terms of office will be for three years beginning July 1, 2023.
Contact Jodie Rusaw, District Clerk at email@example.com or 315-497-2670 x2003.