PUBLIC NOTICE - January 26, 2022
The Board of Education of the Moravia Central School District, Moravia, NY, will be holding a regular meeting in the Millard Fillmore Elementary School Auditorium at 24 South Main Street, Moravia, NY, on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 7 p.m. Board Member Michelle Lyon will be away at this time and therefore participating remotely via zoom at the address of 5033 Shirley Circle, Zephyrhills, FL 33542.
BOARD OF EDUCATION LIVE STREAM - https://ensemble.cayboces.org/Watch/Yq9o2E6Z
From left: Ms. Kärin Dillon, Mr. Shawn Becker, Mr. Terry Thompson, Mr. Jeffrey Carmichael, Mrs. Michelle Lyon, Mrs. Jennifer Bilinski and Mr. Neil Stevens
Board meeting agendas and minutes are available through the the Board Docs link on the left of this page.
The board generally meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the middle/high school Board of Education Room.
If you have questions or would like to take part in the board meeting, please notify the district clerk prior to the meeting via email - email@example.com.
The Moravia School Board of Education is comprised of seven members, each serving a three year term.
Members of the Board of Education are:
- Mr. Terry Thompson, President
- Mr. Shawn Becker, Vice President
- Mrs. Jennifer Bilinski
- Mr. Jeffrey Carmichael
- Ms. Kärin Dillon
- Mrs. Michelle Lyon
- Mr. Neil Stevens
- Mrs. Jodie Rusaw, Clerk
2021-22 Meeting Schedule:
Board meetings are generally held on Wednesdays and begin at 7 p.m.
- July 7
- July 21 - Goal Setting Session
- August 4
- August 25
- September 8
- September 22
- October 13
- October 27
- November 17
- December 15
- January 12
- January 26
- February 9
- March 9
- March 23
- April 6
- April 27
- TUESDAY - May 10 (also Budget Hearing)
- May 25
- June 16
BUDGET VOTE: Tuesday, May 17
To qualify for membership on the school board, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
**The Moravia School District cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by external linked sites. Linking to a website does not constitute an endorsement by the Moravia School District or any of its administration, faculty and staff.