The Regular Meeting of the Board of Education scheduled for Wednesday, December 14, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. has been rescheduled to Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 7:15 p.m. to be held in the Middle / High School Cafeteria.
2022 Capital Project Vote - December 13, 2022
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
North Side Foyer of Moravia Junior/Senior High School
For more information, please visit the district website under
District - Capital Project
From left: Mrs. Michelle Lyon, Mr. Neil Stevens, Mrs. Emily Palmer, Mr. Terry Thompson, Mrs. Jennifer Bilinski, Mr. Shawn Becker and Ms. Jackie Schnurr
Board meeting agendas and minutes are available through the the Board Docs link on the left of this page.
The board generally meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the middle/high school cafeteria.
If you have questions or would like to take part in the board meeting, please notify the district clerk prior to the meeting via email - email@example.com.
The Moravia School Board of Education is comprised of seven members, each serving a three-year term.
Members of the Board of Education are:
- Mr. Terry Thompson, President
- Mr. Shawn Becker, Vice President
- Mrs. Jennifer Bilinski
- Mrs. Michelle Lyon
- Mrs. Emily Palmer
- Ms. Jackie Schnurr
- Mr. Neil Stevens
- Mrs. Jodie Rusaw, Clerk
2022-23 Meeting Schedule:
Board meetings are generally held on Wednesdays and begin at 7 p.m.
- July 6 - Reorganizational Meeting
- August 3 - Goal Setting Session
- August 24
- September 14
- September 28
- October 12
- October 26
- November 16
- November 30 - Special Board Meeting
- December 14 - Rescheduled to December 15, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
- January 11
- January 25
- February 8
- March 8
- March 22
- April 12
- April 26
- TUESDAY - May 9 (also Budget Hearing)
- May 24
- June 14
BUDGET VOTE: Tuesday, May 16
To qualify for membership on the school board, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
**The Moravia School District cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by external linked sites. Linking to a website does not constitute an endorsement by the Moravia School District or any of its administration, faculty and staff.